HOME > Standard
The Society involved in preparing, establishing and revising domestic and international NDT standards.
|JSNDI Standards (NDIS)||Number of standards established||51|
|Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS)||Number of standards established||37|
More details of classification and number of NDT standards are shown on the below table.
|Number of NDT standards|
|Classification of NDT Standards||NDIS||JIS|
|Radiographic Testing (RT)||6||4|
|Ultrasonic Testing (UT)||11||12|
|Acoustic Emission (AE)||6||1|
|Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)||2||6|
|Eddy Current Testing (ET)||0||4|
|Leak Testing (LT)||3||5|
|Strain Measurement (SM)||9||-|
|Visual Testing (VT)||2||-|
|Total (sa of August 1, 2006)||51||37|
Activites as Secretariat of ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
1) Secretarriat of ISO / TC 135 (Non-destructive testing : since 1992)
2) Secretarriat of ISO / TC 135 / SC 6 (Leak detection methods : since 1994)
3) Members of JSNDI have been appointed as Chairman and Secretary of 1) and 2) above, and are currently carrying out activities on a global scale.
Activities related to the establishment and revision of ISO standards
1) Various activities concerned with establishment of ISO / TC 135 related standards
2) Attendance at the plenary meetings of ISO / TC 135 and its sub-committee meetings, and working group meetings
3) Cooperation with ISO / TC 44 (Welding)